Aromatherapy is the study of the therapeutic power of smells. The aroma of an essential oil s can have strong therapeutic properties. Aromatherapy is considered a form of alternative medicine and the energy of specific essential oils can help heal one’s body and mind. The healing is happens by helping the body awaken its own healing powers, therefore aromatherapy is an indirect and gentle form of healing.
There are many ways that aromatherapy effects are employed.
1. By diffusing essential oils into the air, thus improving the air quality and shifting the energy of the space
2. By directly inhaling specific oils in order to achieve the desired results
3. By topical skin applications, as in diluting essential oils in a carrier oil such as jojoba oil
Aromatherapy and Feng Shui
There is a powerful connection between aromatherapy and Feng Shui as both disciplines work on an energy level to create a positive shift in one’s well-being. For Feng Shui purposes, we use the way of diffusing essential oils into the air to achieve the desired quality of energy. This can be done in several ways:
1. You can use an aroma mist to easily spray essential oils into the air. An aroma mist is basically a blend of one or several pure essential oils in purified water.
2. A diffuser, electric or candle, is an easy and constant way to diffuse the pleasant aroma of essential oils into the air.
3. Aromatherapy candles are an easy and convenient way to add an aroma to the air, just be sure that the oils used in your candle are pure oils and not synthetic fragrances. You can also experiment with incense made with essential oils, even though this is the least preferred way to experience the healing power of oils because most incense on the market is made with artificial fragrances.
The use of aromatherapy is becoming very popular in Feng Shui because it can alter our moods and energy levels. Creating an environment that is pleasing to the senses makes us feel good, which in turn helps attract good things. This is one of the ways Feng Shui works. You do not need to know much about aromatherapy to make it work for you, just a few essential oils can go a long way. Start with just a few essential oils and see how they influence your mood, as well as the energy in any given space. Most people are familiar with lavender, lemon, mint and cedar, so this is a good way to start. All you need to do is enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy using an essential oil, a candle diffuser and a candle!
Fill your candle diffuser with the proper amount of water, place a few drops of lavender, light the candle and place the diffuser in your desired location. Be sure to check the levels of water from time to time and see what a difference the healing scent makes to the quality of energy in home.